Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sunny Tuesday Morning...

It was late at night on June 15th.  I was chatting with Calgary-based skateboarder and friend Kevin Lowry about his new project, a soon-to-be-released Canadian skateboard video featuring the likes of Antoine Asselin, Lee Yankou and himself.

Just as I told him I was going to bed a new message notified me that fellow half-Canadian half-Peruvian artist Chris Dyer was home and could sell me a copy of his art book/journal, The Sunlight Chronicles. Seeing a couple of pages from the publication online made me impatient about going through the sketchbook, where Chris documented in words and drawings his constant process of evolution and travels.

I drove to his place where he showed me a painting he's been working on since December, a piece representing his perspective of the evolution of humanity. We talked for a bit about possible ways of reaching a broader audience and I suggested a blog. Sure, he's already got a MySpace page, a Facebook artist page and multiple sites for his art, clothing line and book, but a blog is something different, closer to the journal style he is publishing as the Chronicles.

This morning Chris Dyer's blog was up, so I thought it would be a good time for me to create one as well. The copyright issues in Blogger seemed less ambiguous than in other social web services. They even mention public licenses such as Creative Commons. This should be enough incentive for me to publish material from my photo archive online.

Now the big question is how I'll manage to blog in Spanish and French as well...  Things could get messy if I can't split the three in an orderly manner.

1 comment:

  1. you can do it hermano. i do it too. gonna look up this artist you mention. gotta support peruanos in any shape and form.

    ReplyDelete